Monday, March 23, 2015

Quilted Coasters


I needed a small project to make quickly as a thank you gift for a special friend. I had some leftover scraps from my table runners, so I decided to turn the strip sets into some quilted coasters. The fabrics are shot cottons paired with black Essex linen.
I used the basic construction method described in my book, Improvising Tradition, for the Jewel Box Coaster project (although these coasters were pieced and then quilted, rather that created quilt-as-you-go). The use of insul-bright in addition to a layer of batting gives the coasters a nice rigidity while still being soft. I don't know why I haven't made more coaster sets.  They are such a fun, quick project!

2 comments:

SewPsyched! said...

MMM! Shot cottons and linen!! So deelish!
I was so excited to see your book front and center in the QuiltCon magazine! congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I love all your happy projects;)