Friday, April 20, 2012

Teacher Gifts

It's that time of year again.  My go to gift these days is ruffled wristlets, using my simple tutorial.  And yes, I do have to go back read my own instructions every time.  Now that my older son is in elementary school, there are so many teachers to thank.  He has one for Spanish, one for Music, one for Art, and so on.  These are a quick and inexpensive way to give handmade thank you gifts to each person who has taught him this past year.
I spotted Shea making some of these at the retreat, and she was kind enough to share a great tip with me.  When you go to gather the ruffle, run a basting stitch down both sides of the strip instead of a single line down the middle.  This will make gathering the strip so much easier, and it will stay nice and straight for you, instead of twisting up.  It also makes the basting stitches easy to remove after you've sewn the ruffle to the wristlet.  Thanks for the super tip, Shea!
And as you may have noticed, my backdrop here is my Flashdance baby quilt.  I had it out after washing and drying it and listing in my shop.  I also listed the doll sized quilt too.
 Okay, now I have more wristlets to make!

2 comments:

**nicke... said...

super cute alex! love them!

♥Duff said...

I adore these! As a teacher, I'd love to receive one!!