Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bee Top In Progess

I've finally pieced together the blocks from my Bee Lovely flickr group. I wrote more about the block here.

Piecing the top has been quite a challenge, which is mostly my fault for choosing this particular block. It requires a lot of precision; even slight variations in seam allowance and pressing habits make blocks from different sewers tricky to join satisfactorily.I'm thinking of adding a border to make the stars seem to float on a sea of gray.I think hand quilting will be the most forgiving way to go on this top. I think it will also help define the shapes too, since my fabrics are fairly low contrast.
Thanks to the ladies who contributed to this project!

3 comments:

Carla said...

Your quilt is so pretty and soft...just like the blossoming tree behind it and the weathered wood!

Lizzy said...

Love the colors!

Sabrina said...

I bet it was tough to put that together, but it's looking fantastic.