Thursday, March 24, 2011

Linking Scraps

I'm making some progress on my Metro Link quilt top. I didn't realize when I bought the pattern that many of the pieces finish to just 1" x 2"! Eep.
The scrappiness of this quilt is one of the main things that drew me to the pattern. I've been piecing it randomly, just pulling the next piece from the pile only vetoing if the same fabric is already in the block. I'll admit that at this point I'm not loving the individual blocks and kind of wishing I'd limited my color palette instead going completely scrappy. I'm hoping that will change when I see it all together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it'll all come together when it's in a quilt though. Hard to see the bigger pictures right now.

Melissa said...

I love it so far but I'm a huge fan of scrappy quilts. There's a lot of negative space so I think it should work out well.